Subcommittee terms of reference
The objective and terms of reference for the Subcommittee on Domestic Quarantine and Market Access (SDQMA) are below.
The overarching principle of this subcommittee’s activity is to ensure that phytosanitary measures are consistent within the principles and standards established under international and national agreements while adhering to the nine interstate principles for trade.
Terms of reference
Under the direction of Plant Health Committee, SDQMA achieves this objective by:
1. Facilitating interstate trade of plants and plant products in a standardised, least trade restrictive, scientifically justified and enforceable manner.
2. Facilitate the development and maintenance of phytosanitary market access systems for the interstate trade of plants and plant products.
3. Providing consistent, high quality information to and advice to Plant Health Committee, industry and community sectors on national plant biosecurity measures, including new and emerging threats, innovations and challenges.
4. Contributing to the deliberations of emergency plant pest incursions under the direction of the PHC after consideration by the Consultative Committee on Emergency Plant Pests (CCEPP).
5. Engage with the Subcommittee on Plant Health Diagnostics (SPHD) and the Subcommittee on National Plant Health Surveillance (SNPHS) on relevant issues.
6. Maintaining an annual work plan that reflects the subcommittee’s terms of reference, outlining key activities, expected outcomes, key deliverables timeframes and lead jurisdiction.